Monday, May 2, 2011

Leadville Training Week # 4 - A week of Struggles

I knew this would be a tough week to train.  I was out of town in Milwaukee Tuesday - Thursday for a controllers conference.  Thursday I would arrive back in time to celebrate DD#2 Kate's 6th birthday.  Saturday morning we left for the Wisconsin Dells - The Waterpark capital of the world.

Monday and Tuesday morning I spent any time I had getting caught up at work so I could be gone for 2 1/2 days.  At the conference we worked through lunch and had group "Activities" planned each evening.  Tuesday night we went to a Brewer's game in which they won 3-2 - that was a fun. but late night. 

Wednesday I opted out of the dinner and drove 50 minutes to the southern unit of the Kettle Moraine state forest to run on the Ice Age trail.  Starting at 7:00pm, I ran out until it got dark @ 8:30 and then started back.  Apparently my headlamp needed new batteries, so the run turned into an adventure.  I could not run the downs for fear of tripping on a rock or root, so I ran hard on the ups, cruised the flats and walked the downs.  I was surprised to only have lost 5 minutes on the return trip over the outward trip.

I decided I had enough so Friday after work I ran "Long" on the Wiouwash trail. This is a flat trail  of dirt / mud and gravel.  I parking in Allenville and ran south to Oshkosh + ran around Oshkosh looking for a bathroom - back to Allenville.  I refuelled and then went North to Medina.  A perfect night with temps in the mid 40s make the 5.5 + hours very enjoyable.

Sunday was a family only day and free of running. This is good to have once in a while. Although the weeks mileage is down a bit, I am much more disappointed in my poor eating and drinking of too much beer.  This has left me 230# and ready for change.  Only 16 weeks until Leadville and 230# is not going to work in the mountains.

M 5 easy AM
T  Nothing
W  20 on The Ice Age trail in PM
TH 6 easy on TM in AM / 6 easy on TM afternoon
F 41 easy in PM
SA 8 easy in AM / 6 Hilly in WI Dells
SU Nothing

92 total miles in 5 days 7 runs

No comments:

Post a Comment