Thursday, May 12, 2011

Wisconsin's highly variable weather

I am always amused at the typical big swings in temperatures we get in Wisconsin and trying to pick and plan a race that has "good" weather.  A perfect example is from 2007.

May 20th 2007 I was the 3:10 pacer at Green Bay Marathon.  It was in the mid 30s at the start and low 40s at the finish.  The next weekend for the Mad City Marathon (Madison, WI) it hit 90.

So today, 2 days before Ice Age 50 Mile. it is to hit 80 degrees.  Saturday's forecast calls for rain and 48 at the start and a high of 56 and Sunday a high of 50.

I really do not mind rain (depending on how the course hold up) and low to mid 50s all race sounds like ideal weather for this Big Horse.  I may pack latex gloves as I really do not like cold hands.

Hopefully all you skinny runners dress accordingly as I would not want you to get hypothermia.

I suppose tonight I will have to start thinking about what to pack ... Next post will be my post race thoughts.

Recap of Race Goals
< 8 hours
> 8 beers

Good running to all -

1 comment:

  1. the course will hold up fine for the first 10-15 runners but the mid and back of the pack runners will get the tore up trail, but hey this is trail running if you dont like it get back to the roads!

    ReplyDelete