Friday, July 1, 2011

Dances with Dirt 50k / Beer Mile Double

I was having a hard time figuring out how to do DWD 50k - Devil's Lake on my race list.  But like most of life's "to much stuff to fit in a day" issues - Sleep or lack there of is the answer.

So on July 9th - I will get up @ 2:00am to make this race happen.  I look forward to it as an organized training run.  Why pay to do a training run?  I also see it as an adventure: Running somewhere I have never run before and a chance to have a shared experience with other runners.  I am thinking right around 5 hours for the 50k.

Post race I will have to hustle back to Neenah to get a little nap in before the 4:00pm Beer Mile our running club is sponsoring.  I have no top end speed, so I am shooting for a sub 8:30 in the beer mile.

Then I must get cleaned up and back for our Neighbor girl's 7th B-Day party.  These neighbors share a back yard with us and I do not want to miss this family fun opportunity.

Good running to all!

2 comments:

  1. You Rock Mr. Henze! I love how you fit it all in. Your life really fits the saying, I'll rest when I'm dead. You are an inspiration to us all! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job finishing the days plans off with family...

    P.s. the above post was by Mrs C.

    ReplyDelete