Friday, January 25, 2013

Screwed up week

Last week was a really nice training week.  This week not so much.

I worked late, made bad choices around how to de-stress ... beer, food and late night TV instead of late night running.  No running on Monday and Wednesday, but very little sleep, not enough hydration, poor food choices and no weight lifting or core ... BAD HORSEY!

A cut-back mileage week can be great for training.  But "Training" is much more than mileage, it is all the non running things that are critical for me:  Sleep, hydration, eating and weights/core.

Training is the accumulation of months of work, one week is pretty meaningless.  If the week gives the body a reprieve from hard workout stress and allows it to recover to give it hell after that week, it can even be very positive.

I am only in week 3 of training, it is not positive ... This Big Horse needs to get focused and start making consistent good choices. 

Good running to all!

4 comments:

  1. Funny that I had the same problem this week Mike! After two weeks of 55+ miles, the motivation/weather struck me down somewhat. I did some core work, but I get what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Realizing when we're doing counterproductive things is good for getting focused. It has a positive, but sobering effect at times, but it can really get you down. Keep trying to make the good choices, Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 2013 schedule is missing a 6 hour in La Crosse.


    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a similar week last week (only 19 miles run out of 34 planned, yikes) but it's still early and I'm counting it as a nice break before some hard weeks coming up. Good luck and keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete