Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Family Vacation - Nice break

We spent 3 days in the WI Dells and 3 days in Southwest Michigan.  I spent the most part of 6 days in a swimsuit.  I managed one good run in the WI Dells and one good run in Michigan.  Last week total was 64 miles in 4 days of running (Vacation started Wednesday morning).  In total I hit 520 miles in the month on 27 days of running.

The downside of vacation is a statement of who I am ... There is no moderation in things I do.  This helps me run a lot, but it is also easy for me to eat and drink too much when I do not run.  I really enjoyed vacation, the time with my wife and kids.  I can also say I enjoyed letting lose and drinking and eating!

Now I am left with great memories and 5 extra pounds.

If you ever get a chance to go to Southwest Michigan:  Warren Dunes, Grand Mere State Park, Silver Beach and downtown Saint Joseph take it!

Now it is time to get back to serious training - August - October will be about running, good eating and avoiding alcohol.

Good running to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment