Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My favorite time of year - Fall running

Fall is my favorite time of year to run.  The temps are 30s-60s, the winds are usually light and the trees are beautiful.  The running part of me wishes it could be fall all of the time.  I appreciate living in Wisconsin and the different experience of each season.  Would fall really be as wonderful if it not for the exit of the heat and humidity of summer or the inevitable approach of the wind, ice and bitter cold of winter?

I am enjoying running through the goodness of fall.  No impending doom of goal races I am not trained to run or silly expectations of huge improvements from training.  Just the crunch of the leaves under foot, the morning frost on vehicles windows, the noisy geese heading south and me running ... running because it makes me happy.

Good running to all -

1 comment: