Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Foundation Week Ended 3/11/2012

Last week was hard.  It was a lot of grinding out slow, fat burning miles.  Building the aerobic engine, but more importantly burning calories.

My biggest concern for the FANS24 hour race in June is weight.  By my estimation, each pound is worth 1-2 miles.  Weight at the end of the week was 220# - Goal weight is to be below 200#.

I ran 203 miles in 16 runs.  Saturday also included 10 hours of downhill skiing and Sunday a nice bike ride with my 6 year old daughter.  I spent 28 hours and 38 minutes running = 7.08 Miles per Hour.  Being slow sucks ... up a lot of time.  The last time I tried to run this much I was running > 8 MPH avg. 

I am looking forward to 2 easy days in a row this Thursday and Friday leading up to the Fox Cities Marathon - Backward.  It is a training run that I plan to run with my friend Mike ~ Hopefully @ 7:30 pace.  If I feel strong at the end I want to throw in an extra 15 miles.

I ran 320 miles in the 1st 11 days of March -

Sorry - Not time to write more ... I have to run - I am hoping for 35 tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see your back. Your getting alot of miles in. I hope you reach your goal weight. I am still undecided on Fans24 also but will see what happens. Good luck.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete